Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's So Easy...

It's so easy to get caught up in this life. About 7 or 8 years ago I started praying and asking God to keep me in check, so to speak...that I would always remember what we are here for. And He has changed me over those years and He still always reminds me to keep my focus on what really matters. Of course there are moments and days where I feel defeated, but He always draws me back. There is so much healing and strength to be found in lifting others up in prayer and in just being aware of the heart's of others. We need perspective in our lives- daily. We should be in this world, but not of this world. And the hardest time to keep perspective is when things are feeling crazy, when we don't know what is going to happen or where we'll end up next week, but we should rest in knowing that He holds everything in His hands. I love those hands...those mighty, yet gentle hands.
My prayer is that we can try to love more like He loves. That we can reach out to those that are hurting and lost because this world is so temporary.
It's just so heavy on my heart sometimes...the fact that if we aren't reaching out to those who don't know Jesus, then what are we doing here. It makes my head & heart ache because it really makes you think about the "point" of everything. Where is the balance of "living" here and keeping a heavenly perspective?

So, I want to hear your thoughts....

Rachael

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9

1 comment:

jim and trin said...

So true, Rachael. What are we doing here? I think we live our life, each day looking to God to show us how to live and to fill us up with Himself and His peace. In doing that (in being FULL people), I hope that we "spill" God's love out on to those around us! I think that if we are really walking with the Lord He gives us eyes to see what He would want us to do.
Trinity